0.3.0 – 30.11.2014
- Added Steam Accounts (Steam required)
- Created new launcher and match lobbies for ranked matches
- Added player ranks and ELO system (10 ranks from bronze 1 up to diamond)
- Added possibility for crowdfunding backers to wear exclusive backer hat
- Added intro sequence to Pitch_walls map
- Added music at start of match and after goals to Hall and Pitch_Walls
- Added player names on Radar
- Changed sound of denied steal attempt
- Changed player sucking mechanic, fixes suck-boost-abuse and changes some other details
- Changed pull mechanic: the slingshot is now twice as powerful if you pull two players at once
- Ball now pushes you when you catch it (catch momentum)
- Changed “GOAL” and “WHAP!” effects
- Players can now enter their own goal, except keepers (together with ball pushing you, this prevents 5 goal keepers being effective)
- Reduced penalty box countdown from 10s to 7s
- Increased range of middle radar to 150%
- Size of player icons in middle radar now represent their catch radius
- Middle radar 10% bigger
- 7% more Unicorn poop
- Allows Substitutes (they play unranked when they join)
- Specs can leave the lobby now
- Lobbylist stops updating while playing
- Reconnect upon connection loss a bit more smooth
- Match start sound in lobby works now
- Reworked launcher sound effects (more subtle in general)
- Reworked middle radar player icons (circle shows the part you need to hit in order to boost, transparent halo around player shows the catch radius)
- Bottom radar names are now 50% transparent and closer to the player symbol
- Crosshair a little bit bigger
- Removed recoil when charging a hard shot (because newly added catch-momentum does the same job and even more)
- Rebalanced catch-momentum (might still require more balancing because it allows completly new moves)
- When catching a hard ball you now also get a small upwards kick (doesn’t count for keepers).
- Taunt moves only allowed while game is paused (because they could be used to hide your aim)
- Changed pull mechanic so that it doesn’t slow down the ball if it’s faster then the pullspeed.
- Countdown in own penalty box doesn’t regenerate until the opponent team touched the ball (or ball gets reset); remaining time is always displayed now
- Can now use “train alone” mode
- Layout in lobbies prettier
- Fixed that people with Wifi have huge lags all the time
- Added average rank display to lobby
- Fixed substitutes getting elo rank changes
- Fixed “playername scored!” not being displayed
- Fixed “train alone” mode being all buggy
- Fixed that you can switch to team blue if the game server lost connection to master server
- Rebalanced catch momentum (might need more balancing)
- Increased max waiting time at the start of the match from 45s to 120s incase not everyone is there.
- Fixed that you recatch the ball when you shoot while flying/dashing forward
- Launcher start whistle sound less loud
- Spectating now possible
- Substitute properly assigned to a spot and not joining wrong team anymore
- General overhaul of lobby system (backend wise); should all be more stable and less buggy
- Fixed sound not working for player leaving lobby
- Allows scrolling (drag) in lobby player list
- Unready now removes you from the spot to prevent music spam
- Countdown before matchstart removed (match now starts within 15 seconds)
Next to do:
- //Fixed substitutes joining the wrong team
- //Fixes new sucker boost exploit
0.2.10.1 – 29.08.2014
Only Launcher Fixes
- Fixed problems with Favourites
- Fixed problem with “Host game” function
- Added ping and player count to Favourites
0.2.10 – 20.08.2014
- Increased walk speed by 10%
- Increased ballowner gravity by 10% (you can fly less far when owning the ball)
- Balanced boost strength
- Decreased Air Control by 10% (less steering in air)
- Health after knockout only returns to 61 instead of 100
- Fixed bug where you can’t release the ball for a short moment after recatching it after you overpowered
- Added New Launcher with ability to see recent news, host and join servers and to have a favorite servers list (thanks to Pierluigi ‘Alcatraz’ Zagaria for the “host” and “favourites” menus!)
- HUD options tab allows to disable and scale name plates
- HUD options tab allows to lower opacities of middle radar (until it’s invisible)
- Added cross to middle radar, so you still have a crosshair when the radar is invisible
- Added handler for supraball:// protocol. When you click a link in supraball://<ip>:<port> format the game automatically starts and joins it. This way you can actually link a server on a website and people can join with a double click. If it’s a passworded server the link is supraball://<ip>:<port>?password=<pw>
- Fixed goal stats not working.
- Stats can now be logged on the server (in UDKDeathball.ini set [DBGame.DBGame] bLogStats=True)
0.2.9 – 13.07.2014
- Dump-Shot (same as pass without lock) power decreased from 2800 to 2200 (where it was in 0.2.7) to see how the old dump speed works with the new goal size
- Decreased max charge time by 0.1s, max shot speed proportionally lower
- Own movement speed now fully added to shots (walking in shot direction makes the shot faster; walking backwards does not make it weaker); in previous version on 50% was added [at the same time this fixes that you immediately recatch the ball after shooting it while you were flying forward)
- Fixed negative movement speed being subtracted from kicks and shots (walking backwards doesn’t slow them down anymore)
- Stealing the ball only works on players with red health (below 60)
- Health regeneration speed lowered from 1h/s to 0.33h/s (this might be misbalanced at the moment)
- Health fully regenerates after a goal has been scored
- Catchradius is now a sphere instead of a cylinder. The ballowner bubble now really represents the catch radius. Check this image to get an idea what it means!
- Catchradius increased from 150 to 160
- Ballowner is now heavier (can fly less far with the ball)
- Kick and pull distance increased by 1,6%
- Kickpower increased by 9%
- Added sound effect when you pull a player (so you actually feel that you got a grip on him)
- Added sound effect for when a ball gets stolen
- Added sound for when you can’t steal the ball
- Fixed that dribbling with sucker + shield couldn’t be stopped with a kick
- Capped max speed for ball, which is about 425km/h
- Simplified several particle effects for performance increase
- Scaled down many textures a whole lot
- Showing ball time traveled and shot speed in chat log when scoring
- Moved ads on pitch_walls map from the ground up to the top of the glass wall
- Separated the buttons for gun controls (you can now bind functions with and without ball separately)
- Renamed “dump” to “shot”
- Changed the default gun buttons to what we think is more beginner friendly (LeftMouseButton = Pass + Kick, RightMouseButton = Charge + Pull, MiddleMouseButton = Shot + Shield)
- Spiced up Damage effect
- New Kick Vote Requirements: minimum of 3 votes required, otherwise 60% required, the kick-prompt comes after the 4th vote. The minimum and percentage can be configured (defaultdeathball.ini)
- Increased overal pwn by factor of 1.3
0.2.8 – 30.06.2014
- “Train alone” is now in a real training mode (no waiting times etc.) (for server admins: ?game=DBGame.DBTrainingGame; to return to normal mode do ?game=DBGame.DBGame)
- Dump shot is 27% stronger (experimental, might be too strong)
- Charge duration increased from 1,7s to 2s; power proportionally stronger (max charge power from 4050 up to 4764)
- Damage-Shaketime increased from 0.65s to 0.85 to compensate for longer chargetime
- Kickback after charge reduced
- Goals are now a little bit bigger (10%)
- Pass lock radius decreased, need to aim closer at the team mate for the lock to appear
- When you damage a players that’s flying around with the ball, that player will be slowed down
- You can now kick and pull keepers less
- When you pull players, you now pull towards them as well, can be used for slingshot self-boost
- Experimental: Can now pull the ball from opponent ballowners (except keeper)
- Sucker now has less influence on balls that have just been released (out of context this sounds like porn)
- Can’t get ball out of map Hall anymore by shooting very high
- Fixes that you can prevent/delay a kick off by getting stuck behind the opponent goal post
- Added dotted orientation lines in the penalty boxes for keepers
- Fixes bug where you can’t enter the opponent half after a goal
- Fixes bug where you see 2 balls
- Fixes bug where volley shot is very weak
- Added master volume slider to sounds menu
- ESC-Screen now shows the server name
- Fixed tooltips staying when changing the tabs
- Added 13,37s wait time at the end of the match before the server restarts
- New scoreboard graphic
- Fixes Goal kick messages always having the wrong color
- Made ball disappear effect also appear in medium setting of “effect amount” option
- Added banners to maps
- Added 1,5kg of general awesomeness
0.2.7 – 09.06.2014
- Double boost and dash-boost now work
- Changed boost/playerkicking: only movement speed of the kicked person has an influence, walk speed of kicker doesn’t matter.
- Kickback after charge shot reduced by 33%
- Kickinfluence right after shot/kick reworked. Means: if two people shoot/kick pretty much at the same time, the shot direction is a mix of both. This effect fades out up to 0.125s.
- Can now immediately shoot/pass/dump after catching the ball
- Sucker range increased back to where it was in 0.2.5
- Fixed Walldash not reseting multijumps
- Middle circle and radius for set pieces is now bigger (radius from 11m up to 16,3m)
- Fixed Pull sometimes not working properly when traveling at high speed
- Made it even “impossibler” to get behind the glass walls in Pitch_Walls
- Detailed graphic options added
- Spectators can’t kickvote anymore
- Spectators shown in ESC menu
- It’s now possible to switch between spectator and player via ESC menu
- Team Swap Request Time increased up to 20 seconds
- Fixed serverbrowser sometimes joining wrong server
- Serverbrowser updates less often while servers are still pinging
- ESC screen prettier
- Fixes ball sometimes being invisible if you’re having packetloss
- Knock-out now happens partially in third person
- Fixed charge bar staying in HUD when you lose the ball due to keeper timewaste protection timer
- Fixes spectator often not seeing kick/pull/suck effects and not hearing charge sounds
- Middle radar as keeper less bright
- Fixed Middle radar for blue keeper having wrong colour
- Increased overall awesomeness by 7%
Known (new) Bugs:
- Switching from low to high world texture setting might make textures appear black. Fix: restart the game
- Sometimes can’t spawn on red team after teamswitch
0.2.6 – 27.05.2014
- Fixed getting stuck or floating away when being knocked out
- Reduced kick/pull/suck range by 11%. Reduced kick/suck angle by 9%
- Shield is now exactly as wide as catch radius
- Removed uncontrolled deflect (not being able to catch close range shots from opponents)
- Maybe fixed people getting behind glass in pitch_walls sometimes
- Fixed corner poles in pitch_walls distracting ball
- Middle radar range indicator more transparent
- Added resolution option 1600×1200
- Blue field players radar colour changed so they are better visible in blue half
- Colored join and leave msgs
- Fixed problems with missing DLLs and “not a valid win32 application”
- Join, Leave, Teamswitchrequest, Kickvote make individual sounds
- Fixed only max of 30 servers getting pinged, now all get pinged!
- Added kickvote (click to be kicked person in ESC screen)
- Fixed that you can’t get out of the ESC menu when you ESC’ed online before everyone has spawned at the start of the match
- Fixed serverbrowser sometimes crashing while pinging servers
- Speedhack-detection disabled; it made the game unplayable because of fault-detects
0.2.5 – 18.05.2014
- Fixed a bug where the timewaste protection timer kept running down
- Hitting ESC while walking does no longer keep the key pressed
- Changed the functionality of the kick effect, it should be a lot FPS friendlier now
- Join, Leave, Namechange and other system messages moved to the bottom left corner
- Timewaste protection timer now only shows from 5seconds downwards (9 before)
- Serverbrowser now shows server pings
- Fixes crashes when trying to join a match via the serverbrowser (incase you still get these crashes, please report here)
- Serverbrowser now displays error messages if you can’t join (server full, missing password, wrong version)
- Passworded servers now open a textfield for you to enter the password
- Passworded servers now show a lock in front of their name
- Serverbrowser can now sort by matchtitle, players, map and ping
- Filters disabled in serverbrowser
- Resolution changes are now saved when being in windowed mode
- Improved spectator cameras on Hall
- Made launcher update button more obvious
- Disabled Text2Speech function in 32bit version
- Servers now have a QueryPort used for pinging (and later als controlling) that can be customized in UDKWeb.ini – Servers need to open TCP Port 27088 for this to work.
- Fixed Adminkickban, IP based.
- Added Adminkicksessionban command for a ban that only lasts for the current match.
- Enter “kickvote <name>” in the console if you want someone gone from the server (will be added to the interface soon). 50+% kicks the troll
0.2.4 – 10.05.2014
- Added penalty box countdown timer that takes the ball away, if it’s there for too long. It says “Get rid of the ball in x seconds”, the ball color in the message indicates which team needs to remove it from it’s penalty box.
- Temporarily disabled the Pointer, because it screws up functions of the gun.
- Players can now be knocked out when they camp inside or behind your goal (Penalty boxes extended behind the goal).
- The shaking when being damaged now only takes half the time and is less strong.
- The charge no more starts automatically if you missed a kick right before catching it; this might also fix the accidental charge bug.
- Removed the smoke effects from the ball and the ballowner.
- Different effect when owning ball
- Reduced the amount of particles on several effects – might fix some FPS or freeze bugs, please tell us if you notice a change!
- Chat text now better readable thanks to a shadow.
- Spectator chat text can now be seen and is yellow (was invisible before).
- Up to 10 lines of chat allowed now (previously only 4).
- Name tags are now much smaller (1/4)
- Fixed, that players who leave the game appear as blue keeper icons on the radar.
- Added resolution 1920×1200 to the list
- Spectating system no more dies after mapchange.
- Removed some items from the info text
- Removed first person mode
- Preventing the 3rd person mode from being automatically selected
- If camera controls are not touched for 5 seconds, they return to auto-mode.
- Other minor improvements
- Shortened spam protection delay between chat lines.
- Should fixed that everyone can hear the sound, that only the player should hear that is being pass-locked (untested).
- Fixed Serverbrowser refresh button, refreshing indicator and server counter
- Fixed Server browser lines overlapping the scrolling bar.
- Ingame Menu now closes immediately instead of slowly fading out.
- Fixed wrong menu descriptions.
- When you start the game and have no name set, the game makes you set one (no more “player”s on the servers).
- Serverbrowser now shows ping as “?” as long as we can’t measure it
- Added option ?ServerIP=a.x.y.z to tell the masterserver which IP the game server is connectable at. Should be used together with -multihome=a.x.y.z (this is useful for servers with multiple ip addresses)
- Server Name and description can now be set with ?Matchtitle=myMatch?MatchDescription=mydescr
0.2.3 – 04.05.2014